You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Exporting as jpg results in blank white canvas

I have an image of a map over which I have created another layer with vector based shapes.  It all looks fine in Affinity Photo.  However if I export this as a jpg the result is the vector shapes on a white blank canvas, the map is gone.  Is this a bug?  Or am I doing something wrong?

Thanks.

'Scuse me butting in here, but I had something similar - but then I realised that I hadn't flattened the image before saving/exporting. So I was only exporting the layer with the overlays on.

On the main menu, the Layers menu has an item WAY down at the bottom, with no keyboard shortcut (shouldn't there be one there?) called "Flatten Image" which causes your new layer(s) to merge down into the background image. That then becomes a single image that you can save or export.

Maybe that's the problem?

'Scuse me butting in here, but I had something similar - but then I realised that I hadn't flattened the image before saving/exporting. So I was only exporting the layer with the overlays on.

On the main menu, the Layers menu has an item WAY down at the bottom, with no keyboard shortcut (shouldn't there be one there?) called "Flatten Image" which causes your new layer(s) to merge down into the background image. That then becomes a single image that you can save or export.

Maybe that's the problem?

I've just tried flattening it and the result when saving as jpg is a completely white canvas.