You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Symbol instances do not keep their position

Symbol instances populated along text path if they are center aligned, do not keep their position after saving and reopening the document. 
Do as the following:
1. Create a path and convert it to a text path.
2. Create any shape and convert it to a symbol.
3. Copy symbol instance to the clipboard, then paste it several times on a text path.
4. Assign Center Alignment to this text path.
5. Save and close this document.
6. Reopen this document.
7. Watch how your symbol instances on a text path got shifted.

• Staff

Hi aleale1,

I've just tried this myself and the shape appeared to have kept its centre alignment. Do you have a file you could attach that we could try to reproduce the issue with please? 

I've attached a copy of the file I've used - when setting the Centre Alignment from the context toolbar it saves and reopens correctly.

Test1.afdesign

31 minutes ago, Sean P said:

I've just tried this myself and the shape appeared to have kept its centre alignment.

Hi Sean P.
It’s indicated in my third step above: “paste it several times(!) on a text path.”
So make your blue symbol smaller and populate it 3 times along your path. Save, close, reopen and you’ll see what I mean.

Test 2.afdesign

• Staff
8 minutes ago, aleale1 said:

Hi Sean P.
It’s indicated in my third step above: “paste it several times(!) on a text path.”
So make your blue symbol smaller and populate it 3 times along your path. Save, close, reopen and you’ll see what I mean.

Test 2.afdesign 14.63 kB · 0 downloads

Ahh got you, sorry! I've reproduced and passed this on to development. Thanks for letting us know.