You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Any update on picture frame resizing

Hi all,

There have been previous posts about picture frames not retaining the properties when linked images are externally modified.
This is a very annoying feature but I see no clear answer, yet.
If you have a document with hundreds of image boxes of the same linked image, for example, and you need to change that image you do NOT want to then have to go through each picture box and 'remind' Affinity of the property setting. Even if the 'Scale to Maximum Fit' property is still highlighted you still have to re-click to remind it.
Should it not default to whatever setting you gave the picture frame in the first place?

• Staff

Hi Tony :)

Sorry to hear you're having trouble with this,  I've checked through our internal development log and your post history and I've been yet unable to find a previous report of this issue. Could you please confirm where you have reported/seen this reported previously?

In regards to the issue itself, does this happen in any of your documents? Does it only occur with multiple instances of the same image, or can you replicate the issue with a single image in a new document?

On 4/17/2020 at 9:55 AM, Tony Cotterill said:

Even if the 'Scale to Maximum Fit' property is still highlighted you still have to re-click to remind it.

Apologies, are you saying the option on the Context toolbar still appears to be correct, however the incorrect scaling option is in use until you re-select this scaling option?

Many thanks in advance!

Please note -

I am currently out of the office for a short while whilst recovering from surgery (nothing serious!), therefore will not be available on the Forums during this time.

Should you require a response from the team in a thread I have previously replied in - please Create a New Thread and our team will be sure to reply as soon as possible.

Many thanks!

• 1 month later...

I'm still getting this issue.

Perhaps I'm using the software wrongly but....

I have a document which was linked to many .afpub images .

This was causing problems with the print proofs so I turned all the links into SVGs, and relinked them in the resource manager.

Fine.

However, MOST of the image boxes are then incorrectly sized (see Wrong.png)
I have to call up the properties window and, even though the 'scale to maximum fit' option is highlighted, I need to re-click it to remind it of the setting.
At which point the image displays correctly (see Right.png).

Can anyone suggest why this happens?

Cheers,

Tony

Wrong.png

Right.png

• Staff

Hi Tony,

I've spoken with our QA team regarding this, although they have had 1-2 reports of this previously, it's not something we've been able to replicate in-house and as you've mentioned re; the poker chips, this is inconsistent even within the same document.

So I can try replicating this here with a new document, can you please confirm the below is correct and add any additional information you feel may help.

• The document is in the CMYK colour space.
  • All resources are linked and not embedded.
  • The placed objects are within Picture Frame layers.
  • The placed documents were file-type .afpub, you then opened these external documents & exported them as SVG (using a default export preset?)
  • Using the resource manager, you replaced the .afpub files with the newly created SVG's
  • Certain instances scale correctly (as previous) however not all are correct, even though the correct scaling option is shown as selected.
  • Deselecting, then re-selecting this scaling option returns the placed SVGs to the correct size.

Please do let me know if I've missed any steps, so I can pass this recipe through to the relevant team to try and replicate this here.

Many thanks in advance :)

Please note -

I am currently out of the office for a short while whilst recovering from surgery (nothing serious!), therefore will not be available on the Forums during this time.

Should you require a response from the team in a thread I have previously replied in - please Create a New Thread and our team will be sure to reply as soon as possible.

Many thanks!

4 hours ago, Dan C said:

Hi Dan,

Answers below

• The document is in the CMYK colour space.

Yes

• All resources are linked and not embedded.

Yes

• The placed objects are within Picture Frame layers.

Yes

• The placed documents were file-type .afpub, you then opened these external documents & exported them as SVG (using a default export preset?)

Yes.

• Using the resource manager, you replaced the .afpub files with the newly created SVG's

Yes.

• Certain instances scale correctly (as previous) however not all are correct, even though the correct scaling option is shown as selected.

Yes.

• Deselecting, then re-selecting this scaling option returns the placed SVGs to the correct size.

Yes. Although deselecting is not necessary. Merely clicking the already highlighted  option is enough.

Thanks Dan, Hope this enables you to determine the problem.

Cheers,

Tony

• 8 months later...