You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

I have a complex star which was generated in CorelDraw. It is too complex to reproduce in Affinity.

I have therefore imported it via svg, wmf, pdf, and emf.

In each case it imports, but does not reproduce the corners correctly.

Here is how it looks in CorelDraw:

GsPloe.jpg

And here is how it looks in Affinity:

FzXJcd.jpg

I have tried changing the corner join modes to mitre join, but then I get:

9xUE8y.jpg

Any suggestions on how I get the correct corners?

Thx

There is a mitre setting that you can increase but from the last image it looks like those curves/paths aren’t joined.

266560700_ScreenShot2020-04-16at21_49_00.png.263d5e70d71fb44bb9acf31553ea1b50.png

iMac 27" 2019 Somona 14.3.1, iMac 27" Affinity Designer, Photo & Publisher V1 & V2, Adobe, Inkscape, Vectorstyler, Blender, C4D, Sketchup + more... XP-Pen Artist-22E, - iPad Pro 12.9  
B| (Please refrain from licking the screen while using this forum)

Affinity Help - Affinity Desktop Tutorials - Feedback - FAQ - most asked questions

16 minutes ago, dawningtruth said:

Any other thoughts or suggestions?

Playing around a bit with the problem and I had to get the Mitre up to 12 in order to get the pointed corners.

Mac Pro (Late 2013) Mac OS 12.7.4 
Affinity Designer 2.4.1 | Affinity Photo 2.4.1 | Affinity Publisher 2.4.1 | Beta versions as they appear.

I have never mastered color management, period, so I cannot help with that.

If you don’t have any specific requirements for the number of points then you can use a four-pointed star to get a similar result – see attached video where I also make the star a Symbol so the full shape can be easily altered into some interesting shapes.
The best method probably depends on your exact requirements.

On 4/17/2020 at 5:16 AM, PixelPest said:

I can easily draw the 33 lines at 10,90° degree - but connecting the end-points won´t work in AD afaik.

If the rotations are accurate (use 360/33 (or 10.90909090909091 🤕)), just select everything and, with node tool active, hit Join Curves once and Divide once.