You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Please include pan tool in Affinity Designer (Quadriplegic here)

Hi affinity team, I have a features request and it’s really really simple. I have designer on my iPad but since I am a Quadriplegic (paralyzed from neck to below extremities) and doesn’t have a finger function, I am having a hard time panning because there are no panning options in the toolbar and it lets me use my 2 fingers to Pan the workspace which is I find it hard to do since I can only do 1 touch at a time hehe. But Affinity Photo have this option. Could you guys please add this feature to your next update? It would mean a lot to some people like me who aspire to become a graphic artist but with limited physical disability. I am promoting your products to our fellow Quadriplegic who have the same condition as me

Thank you!

20 hours ago, MattP said:

Yes, definitely - I'm really sorry, I didn't fully consider the consequences of not including this tool in Designer :( I will try to add it for next time, but it might be a preferences option to enable it (so that we retain a visual consistency between versions for other users)

Thanks!

Matt

Wow! Thank you so much for this! This is well appreciated. This is a BIG help to people like me who have a limited mobility. Yes sure, as long as it’s included. We will  wait for the upcoming updates and we’re excited for this. 

Edited by Ronniel13

• 2 months later...
On 4/20/2020 at 8:03 PM, MattP said:

Yes, definitely - I'm really sorry, I didn't fully consider the consequences of not including this tool in Designer :( I will try to add it for next time, but it might be a preferences option to enable it (so that we retain a visual consistency between versions for other users)

Thanks!

Matt

Yes, i'm also waiting for that in next update. Thank you so much!