You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Bar graphs are turned into random text (numbers and spaces)

I have to work on a pdf file (exported from Adobe inDesign), which contains thousands of bar graphs. But, these bars are all turned into text, no matter opened by which affinity product.  Please see attached the images. 

The first image is the correct one, while the other two images are what I get in Affinity. 

Each bar seem to contain three graphs, among which one is solid.   However, this solid bar is replaced by a string of numbers and spaces.  The curves with no fill stay intact.

Anyone knows a solution to this issue?

Edit: I am using Mac system - iMac (High Sierra) and MacBook (Catalina).

Many thanks.

Kafka

Screen Shot 2020-04-16 at 17.17.20.png

Screen Shot 2020-04-16 at 17.16.02.png

Screen Shot 2020-04-16 at 17.15.41.png

18 hours ago, stokerg said:

Hi joykafka,

Would you be able to attach the PDF you imported?  I suspect there is an element here that we don't support but once i've got the PDF i can get it logged with the Dev team :) 

Hi, Stokerg,

The first file attached is opened by Illustrator and saved again.  It appears normal in Affinity Publisher. 

The second file is the original file, saved from a preview app.  The issues occur when imported to Affinity Publisher.  

Many thanks,

P6 save from illustrator.pdf P6 exported from mac preview.pdf

18 hours ago, stokerg said:

Hi joykafka,

Would you be able to attach the PDF you imported?  I suspect there is an element here that we don't support but once i've got the PDF i can get it logged with the Dev team :) 

FYI, when opened by the illustrator (which I don't have right now), there is a "mask" above the bar.  In Affinity, I couldn't find any mask.