You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Hello,

I started using AP's batch processing recently but I have a few quality of life suggestions (which are the result of many lost files).

1) It would be nice if the batch processor saved its settings between sessions. It's not a big deal that I have to point out the format and the locations every time, but it is a needless chore.

More specifically, when selecting the input and output folder, AP shows you the last opened location instead of remembering where your export and import locations separately. It would be nice if the locations were saved internally. I actually lost quite a few original files due to the confusion from the dialogue windows : \

2) It would be useful if AP opens a dialogue window which warns you that it will overwrite the files you've selected (because the export location is the same as the source location). I lost files due to this as well.

3) It would be extremely useful if AP appends the names of files with identical names. Currently if you have 2 files with the same names queued up (example: Pic_1.jpg and Pic_1.png OR Pic_1.jpg in folder A and Pic_1.jpg in folder B) the batch processor will go through them in the listed order but all files with the same name listed above the last one will be effectively deleted regardless of their format because the last file overwrites the previous files.

Example: Pic.jpg, and Pic.png are imported > Pic.jpg is exported, Pic.png is exported as JPG and overwrites the already processed Pic.jpg

AP's batch processing is light years ahead of Photoshop's batch processing as far as speed is concerned, but these quality of life changes will make it even better!