You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

So I just bought Affinity Photo for my windows 10 pc, No viruses, malware, etc on this computer;
I cannot open the application to begin with; there's nothing popping up on the screen, or anything of the sort, there's a small blue ball spinning by the cursor and then nothing happens, nothing in the task manager is open, which means the computer isn't even opening the application, I installed it on the default directory which is the C drive for me, I need some help because I got this for half off with the deal they're having and I hope that I can use it soon, can anyone help me? I used a PowerShell command to check the integrity of all the files on my computer, no corrupted files from windows and the such. Please, if anyone can help it'd be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance, stay safe and take care of yourselves as well. 

Welcome to the Serif Affinity forums.

Please check the items listed in this FAQ, especially the problematic 3rd-party applications.

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1

I don't believe i have any of this other 3rd party software installed; None of these are installed on my computer actually, graphics card just got updated recently today, so that's not an issue either. Also, there are no logs from it crashing, aside from windows viewer, which is beyond me. Got a log from Microsoft but that's about it, nothing here about 3rd party software, so yeah, still nothing, rebooted multiple times, clean installed 4 times, kept the default directory, ensured that nothing was changed, kept pretty much everything defaulted and yet nothing works. I even updated windows and checked for updates multitudes of times same with my graphics card, even uninstalled and reinstalled it too, and then updated it as usual.

The fix is usually the graphics drivers or the 3rd-party apps, I think. That's why there's a FAQ about it.

If you didn't get any crash reports from the app in the directory mentioned in the FAQ I'm not sure there's much you can do except wait for someone from Serif to provide some other suggestions. Sorry.

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1

• Staff

Hi NovicePhotographer :)

Sorry to hear you're having trouble and my sincerest apologies for the delayed response, unfortunately due to the current circumstances our response time is longer than normal. We're working hard to keep on top of things, so many thanks for your patience and understanding here.

I'd like to request a copy of your event viewer application log so I can look into this further, as well as some information regarding your .NET version.

Could you please download the following app, then run this and provide a screenshot of the results for me?

http://www.asoft.be/prod_netver.html

Secondly, to generate a copy of your event log viewer please see below -

1. Open Windows Run (Windows Key + R) and type the following - eventvwr
2. In the window that opens, select the Windows Logs drop-down list on the left and then Applications
3. With the Applications logs selected, navigate to the right side of the window and select Save All Events As ... and save them as .evtx (the default option).
4. Attach this saved file to your reply here.

Many thanks in advance! 

Please note -

I am currently out of the office for a short while whilst recovering from surgery (nothing serious!), therefore will not be available on the Forums during this time.

Should you require a response from the team in a thread I have previously replied in - please Create a New Thread and our team will be sure to reply as soon as possible.

Many thanks!