You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

AP: Aperture - AP - Aperture

Hello Guys,

I have Aperture set to use AP as an external editor.

If I send Tiff or Jpeg photos to Ap I can edit and AP saves back to Aperture, but I have to "flatten" them first.

Now if I send a PSD to AP edit, AP want to save the photo in my pictures folder, not back into Aperture.

Why can't AP save an edited PSD photo back to Aperture? 

TIA  

Derek

• 3 weeks later...
  • Staff

Hi profiler,

Welcome to Affinity Forums :)

Sorry the delay replying to you. Sometimes a few posts get lost due the large number of threads/participation.

Regarding your questions:

We are working to bring layer support to TIFF files. This should address the "flatten" issue with TIFF's on Aperture.

We don't overwrite PSD's by design. Due to the complexity of the PSD file format, if we overwrite the original file we risk to break/lose information in the process (the PSD is a proprietary format, its specifications weren't fully disclosed) so we default to save it in our native format instead (.afphoto) unless you explicitly export it as PSD (but in this case Aperture looses track of the file sent to Affinity Photo).

We are currently looking into ways to improve Aperture/Photo's roundtrip.

I am using AP as external editor in Aperture.

Each time I right click to use AP, it duplicates the image for use in AP.

This save back to Aperture sometimes work and sometime just do not.

Edited pictures look fantastic in AP vs Aperture after save in same tiff file size and format.....???

Ap seems to be faster in rendering images and have much more editing tools compared with Aperture.