You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Ballintoy Harbour done in AffinityPhoto

Loonaclik

Picture?

Seems to be a white overexposed Picture with a white background .

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Affinity Jack

Video-Tutorials on YouTube in German with English Subtitles

Link to my YouTube-Channel: AFFINITY JACK

Author in the team of www.affinitytutorials.de, the website all about Affinity Photo & Affinity Designer

Amateurs! It is obviously an homage to a portion of Kazimir Malevich's 1918 oil painting White on White. How could anyone miss that? Jeez.

EDIT: Yes, Loonaclik, you have indeed got the upload to work now. (sorry about all the joking before :rolleyes: )  

A really clean image with good tonal range; are you going to share the adjustments done in the develop persona in order to achieve this for those who may not have worked with monochrome images much?

Amateurs! It is obviously an homage to a portion of Kazimir Malevich's 1918 oil painting White on White. How could anyone miss that? Jeez.

EDIT: Yes, Loonaclik, you have indeed got the upload to work now. (sorry about all the joking before :rolleyes: )  

A really clean image with good tonal range; are you going to share the adjustments done in the develop persona in order to achieve this for those who may not have worked with monochrome images much?

Amateurs indeed!

I had my money on the bottom left hand quarter from Robert Rauschenberg, White Painting, 1951. House paint on canvas, 72 x 72 in, four panels. 

Seriously, some of us only have primitive JPG cameras and would like to see the initial image sitting next to the developed/finished image. So apart from huge file sizes, what else is different?

Edited by peter

MacBook pro, 2.26 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 4 GB 1067 MHz DDR3, NVIDIA GeForce 9400M 256 MB, OS X 10.11.6

http://www.pinterest.com/peter2111

@justwilliam

You're not far off... It's a white on white overexposed snowstorm in a bowl of rice digital composition with a nice b/w photo of Ballintoy Harbour layer multiplied over the top!

Well done loonaclik! Also sorry about the jokes but it was such a tempting opportunity! XD

Amateurs indeed!

I had my money on the bottom left hand quarter from Robert Rauschenberg, White Painting, 1951. House paint on canvas, 72 x 72 in, four panels. 

Seriously, some of us only have primitive JPG cameras and would like to see the initial image sitting next to the developed/finished image. So apart from huge file sizes, what else is different?

hi Peter,

Thanks for that.  I attach a shot of the layers in The Ballintoy image which I hope will be self explanatory for anyone who's interested.   As you'll see, it's basically the application of the BW filter, adjustments to taste within that filter, and then a series of contrast grading curves layers (and masks) to adjust different parts of the image.   

Brian

• 4 weeks later...

This picture...is coming alive, I think I can hear a swimmer/surfer climbing those steps, out of shot. Just like the Guinness: Surfer advert.

The bit where-the-hard-bits-meets-the-sea, combined with the darkened, imposing cliff edges, reinforces the fact that the sea is nobody's friend...dark, moody and always alluring. This is poster material!

‘Ahab says “I don’t care who you are, here’s to your dream”. The old sailors return to the bar.

http://failingaestheticallyadvertising.tumblr.com/post/140789036/guinness-surfer

MacBook pro, 2.26 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 4 GB 1067 MHz DDR3, NVIDIA GeForce 9400M 256 MB, OS X 10.11.6

http://www.pinterest.com/peter2111