You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

I have been creating animations using Affinity and GIMP for a while. It is awesome that this is possible, but it is annoying that I have to export every stinking frame to a folder, then open GIMP, open each frame as a layer, make sure that they are in the right order, and then export it. I would love if there was an animation timeline in Affinity. Adobe products have this, as do free software such as Krita. While I do not have the money nor the inclination to move to Adobe, it would be great if you could add this as a feature to future versions. It could also be added to Publisher or Photo. I love the great work, keep it up!

1 hour ago, SpectreDesign said:

but not feat. requests.

https://www.google.com/search?q=animation+request+site%3Aforum.affinity.serif.com

Affinity Store (MSI/EXE): Affinity Suite (ADe, APh, APu) 2.4.0.2301
Dell OptiPlex 7060, i5-8500 3.00 GHz, 16 GB, Intel UHD Graphics 630, Dell P2417H 1920 x 1080, Windows 11 Pro, Version 23H2, Build 22631.3155.
Dell Latitude E5570, i5-6440HQ 2.60 GHz, 8 GB, Intel HD Graphics 530, 1920 x 1080, Windows 11 Pro, Version 23H2, Build 22631.3155.
Intel NUC5PGYH, Pentium N3700 2.40 GHz, 8 GB, Intel HD Graphics, EIZO EV2456 1920 x 1200, Windows 10 Pro, Version 21H1, Build 19043.2130.

So I looked at some of the other feature requests, and I feel that I was not quite clear with my request. My request is as follows:

I would like some simple form of GIF animation, much like GIMP has. Different layers are saved as different frames, animating from bottom to top, or top to bottom, with a customizable delay. This would be something non-intrusive, maybe some settings for the already existing GIF export option. 

GIMP:

AFFINITY_GIF_SUGGESTION_GIMP.thumb.jpg.155631e22df8ed64467979263eacae8f.jpg

AFFINITY:

AFFINITY_GIF_SUGGESTION.thumb.jpg.3aeb1278c4ac58e4441a3216b7d16a2c.jpg

I am sorry about the horrible color clash on the affinity area, it was rushed.