You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Hi Guys i was wondering if there is a section in the forum where all the performance setting are well explain.

Why should i choose Metal over Open GL.

Why should I use or not Integrated GPU

If we need to Enable Metal compute acceleration?

I have notice for example that if Use only integrated GPU is selected in Designer and in Publisher my mac is going to use a lot of memory. So deselected and the memory usage is lower but is that correct?

I search though the forum and i notice similar request but not a real section where all the option are explain.

Can the great team of Affinity (because they are the one who coded the softwares) create something about it? Not everyone knows the difference. 

Marco

I don’t think there is any ‘best practice’ guide for performance set-up as most machines are different and a slight difference here or there can change things a lot depending on what sort of work you are doing. Also, especially on Windows machines, there are so many possible configurations of hardware that it would be very difficult to say what is best in any circumstance.
If you are encountering any performance issues then your best bet might just be to change one setting and see if it makes a difference for you. If it doesn’t then change another setting and see what happens.
You might also need different settings depending on whether you are working with a lot of vectors, or lots of pixel layers, or a mixture of both.
Think of it like choosing the best set of tyres to put on a car. Racing slicks are probably best for going round a track on a warm dry day but they’re probably not best for driving down a snow-filled country track.