You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Zoom level VS text selection

I could not select text anymore, tried closing program/reopening but it still didn´t work.
Noticed that it suddenly worked when i had the document zoomed out to 50%.
To test the issue, select a text, zoom in/out and notice that the selection disappears going above 85%, every time.

Version 1.8.3 on a 2017 15" mac pro running Mojave 10.14.6

• Staff

Hi Leonard He,

Unfortunately I cannot say for sure without seeing your document, however there is a known issue that if Text Objects are not on an Artboard then the selection doesn't appear if the artboard is not in view. I've attached a video that demonstrates this - does this tie in with what you are seeing in your document?

I just tested to replicate this and it turns out as long as i create an artboard in the document everything works. 
I tested putting my textbox inside the artboard first. Marking works at all zoomlevels.
- Undid the artbord creation and tested : Then worked until zoom-level 130%
- Deleted artboard : works until 85% again.
It is absolutely related to your issue somehow but seems the creation of an artboard is most important.

Could this be an OSX GUi/programming-thing ?
I also use final cut pro and other programs that have different functionality dependant on zoom level. 
Say, in Final Cut Pro or in an audio editor, the accuracy changes. If i want to move a clip or adjust its length by a small amount, i´d have to zoom in enough to 
have control over milliseconds, seconds or minutes. The selection-snap-treshold (or what one would call it) changes.
 It makes sense, but i´ve often disagreed with the amount of zoom needed.