You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Pixelated, low-resolution Image loads from raw Nikon file

Mokuka

Affinity version: 1.8.3.180

iPadOS: 13.4.1

iPad: 12.9 inch iPad Pro 3rd generation

Camera: Nikon D500 raw file

Issue: Whenever uploading a raw file it loads as a very low resolution image and highly pixelated. The raw file can’t be processed correctly as loaded.  The issue only occurred after updating to the latest version of Affinity. I’m not sure what version I used before but I had not updated Affinity for months prior. I tried loading previous raw files I worked with on Affinity that had worked successfully before the update and now they too no longer loads correctly. I also see an error message when the image is loaded “Assigned Profile: Photo iPad assigned your working profile (sRGB IEC61966-2.1) to this unprofiled document

1 hour ago, Mokuka said:

Whenever uploading a raw file it loads as a very low resolution image and highly pixelated.

Where are you 'uploading' from? It sounds like you are only loading the jpg preview associated with the raw file. Have you set photos to 'Keep originals'? 

M1 IPad Air 10.9/256GB   lpadOS 17.1.1 Apple Pencil (2nd gen).
Affinity Photo 1.10.5 Affinity Design 1.10.5 
Affinity Publisher 2, Affinity Designer 2, Affinity Photo 2 and betas.

Official Online iPad Help documents (multi-lingual) here: https://affinity.https://affinity.help/ 

Hi All - 

The workaround worked for me. I was able to import the raw file correctly when I loaded it from iCloud. Loading from Apple Photos is still buggy. Note that for some raw files they do load correctly from Apple photos.