You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Affinity Designer crashed twice and now the project is corrupted

Not sure what to do. I don't want to upload the file for everyone so if a mod could please help I'll upload the corrupted file to the Affinity Support Team over Dropbox.

I was trying to move a constraints group outside its group. Immediately it crashed. Upon re-opening, it gave me a recovery file and I was able to open that. I resized the constraints group down again, saved the project so I wouldn't lose any more progress, then dragged the constraints group again outside the group it's in. Immediate crash.

Now I'm unable to open the project at all, Affinity Designer immediately crashes when trying to open the file.

Is there any way I can recover the file? I had important saved work on there. :(

Edit:
I'm using Affinity Designer 1.8.3.641 on a Windows 10 Desktop PC, hope that helps.

Edit 2:

I'm pretty sure I posted this in the wrong forum, please move this to Affinity Designer Bugs, thank you!

Edited by Markimus

• Staff

Thanks for the file - Unfortunately there is nothing I can currently do with the file to get it opened, however I have passed it on to development who are going to take a look into the file. Unfortunately due to the working from home situation he doesn't currently have access to his 'box of tricks' but is going to take a look regardless. :) 

Thank you for trying, hopefully we can get this resolved.

Edit: Just saw your message, will take a look. :)

Edit2: Thank you thank you thank you thank you! It's exactly how it was apart from the constraint groups as you said. Time to make many backups ;)

Hopefully with the info I've given this bug will be fixed in a future update.