You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

https://affinity.serif.com/en-gb/tutorials/designer/desktop/video/331185620

Hi, I am trying to follow the tutorial above. At 6:19 min in, the instructor creates a gradient. I have followed him exactly and tried to create a gradient of three colours that blend in (just like the video tutorial). 

I add a fill but only the top fill is visible, ?/

Please help because I dont understand what I am doing. Please note that I am stuck on the video begging at 6 minutes onwards, its not working as you can see from the screenshot.

Thanks

25240031_Fillsonlythetopcolor.thumb.PNG.43c95d695502110ff82cd23099435682.PNG

Probably your top fill is made of two colors with 100 % opacity each. Its blend mode is "Normal". Therefore your red gradient is a plain, opaque colored area.

Note in the video he applied some transparency to some colors. Also (or only) you can use the blend mode of each fill to make those underneath come through.

macOS 10.14.6 | MacBookPro Retina 15" | Eizo 27" | Affinity V1

26 minutes ago, Freddy33 said:

Not sure if each circle needs to have a gradient, but its the only way I have found that works. 

What do you mean with "each circle" ? – Each fill may have   a) a plain color or    b) a gradient or   c) none of those (Ø).

macOS 10.14.6 | MacBookPro Retina 15" | Eizo 27" | Affinity V1

2 hours ago, Freddy33 said:

Not sure if each circle needs to have a gradient, but its the only way I have found that works. 

I think what you mean by circles are the "stops" along the gradient's path, the places where the gradient is set to a specific color & opacity. There is also a midpoint line between each pair of stops that adjusts the gradient's blend between them.

If you use the Fill Tool (Designer) or the Gradient Fill Tool (Photo) to select them, the status bar at the bottom of the workspace window will indicate how that tool can be used to move them.

All 3 1.10.8, & all 3 V2.4.1 Mac apps; 2020 iMac 27"; 3.8GHz i7, Radeon Pro 5700, 32GB RAM; macOS 10.15.7
Affinity Photo 
1.10.8; Affinity Designer 1.108; & all 3 V2 apps for iPad; 6th Generation iPad 32 GB; Apple Pencil; iPadOS 15.7