You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

I'm confused about Pixel Size in the View menu. I have a retina MBP with a resolution of 2880x1800. If I create a new image at 1280x800 (WXGA preset) and select Pixel Size, it seems to display the pixels at 2x resolution rather than my native resolution (that is, the 1280x800 image takes up most of my display, as if it's rendering at 2560x1600).

Is there no way just to see it in "non-retina" mode so that it takes up exactly 1280x800 pixels? I'm aware that I can change the DPI in document settings to match my display (220) and choose Actual Size, but that's pretty tedious when working with many images.

• 4 weeks later...

Why is there no answer to these kinds of questions? I've been trying to understand how AP and AD renders images for a while now and I'm really confused. The different view modes in AD complicates matters further. Apple retina scaling seems to add to the difficulty for me. Is there anywhere or anyone who explains this in an understandable way?