You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Problem with Divide boolean

Put it under sine curve? 

Affinity Store (MSI/EXE): Affinity Suite (ADe, APh, APu) 2.4.0.2301
Dell OptiPlex 7060, i5-8500 3.00 GHz, 16 GB, Intel UHD Graphics 630, Dell P2417H 1920 x 1080, Windows 11 Pro, Version 23H2, Build 22631.3155.
Dell Latitude E5570, i5-6440HQ 2.60 GHz, 8 GB, Intel HD Graphics 530, 1920 x 1080, Windows 11 Pro, Version 23H2, Build 22631.3155.
Intel NUC5PGYH, Pentium N3700 2.40 GHz, 8 GB, Intel HD Graphics, EIZO EV2456 1920 x 1200, Windows 10 Pro, Version 21H1, Build 19043.2130.

The 'white stripes' are barely visible in your screen grabs @blue fury but they can be seen if one zooms in. This video of the result of the Affinity Revolution tutorial hopefully gives a clearer view of the problem.

When the file is exported (to .sgv, .png etc) the issue is even more visible. I don't know what causes it - it may be down to fractional pixels not getting rendered (but what do I know?) 

One solution, not entirely perfect, is not to group the multiple curves at the end of the tutorial but to select them all and then from the Layer menu choose Geometry -> Merge curves. I still get one or two "white stripes" but most are filled in. The only problem is that the gradient fill is re-aligned.

Affinity Photo 2.0.3,  Affinity Designer 2.0.3, Affinity Publisher 2.0.3, Mac OSX 13, 2018 MacBook Pro 15" Intel.

5 hours ago, h_d said:

The 'white stripes' are barely visible in your screen grabs @blue fury but they can be seen if one zooms in. This video of the result of the Affinity Revolution tutorial hopefully gives a clearer view of the problem.

Screen Recording 2020-04-15 at 00.14.57.mov 37.38 MB · 0 downloads

When the file is exported (to .sgv, .png etc) the issue is even more visible. I don't know what causes it - it may be down to fractional pixels not getting rendered (but what do I know?) 

One solution, not entirely perfect, is not to group the multiple curves at the end of the tutorial but to select them all and then from the Layer menu choose Geometry -> Merge curves. I still get one or two "white stripes" but most are filled in. The only problem is that the gradient fill is re-aligned.

THANKS !!!! Works perfectly no white lines anymore

Screenshot (162).png