You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Hello,

I've bought a EPS design to create an advertisemant poster for our windband's carnival ball - motto "in the jungle". I've createt the Poster with Illustrator - bo problem at opening the EPS-design. Today I opened the EPS-design in Designer 1.8 and at the places, where in Illustrator one Object with a colour gradient is placed, in Designer there are millions of little objects in different colours to show the colour gradient. So in the design are so many objects, that working on it is extremely slow and not really possible. In the attchment you can find the design (please note that there's copyright on it - don't use it for free!) and two screenshots - Illustrator and Designer.

Is there any way to open the EPS-file with objects with gradients instead of millions of separate objects?

The EPS-file has a file size of 4 and a quarter MB. The Designer file nearly 21 MB!

Please note that the handling in Designer Beta 1.8.647

Thank you for your Ideas.

Rainer

The files where too big to uplode them into the Post. Please click on the following link todownload them:

https://c.1und1.de/@519518101679640332/mqjyjo61Qz-JYPdWU9yFSw

As far as I know, ADesigner is not able to interpret the gradient mesh in the background. Maybe you can achieve the same effect with a "normal" radial gradient? As a sidenote: An ADesigner file from an imported PDF is much smaller.

------
Windows 10 | i5-8500 CPU | Intel UHD 630 Graphics | 32 GB RAM | Latest Retail and Beta versions of complete Affinity range installed

Thank you for the answer. Yes, the green Background could be replaced from a rectangle with a radial gradient in AD but the most of the other objects have a gradient mesh too an so it would be a quantity of work to draw them all new. I hope AD soon has the gradient mesh function. By the way: The jungle design only was available in EPS.