You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Hello. We are testing Affinity Photo for use in an ACES workflow, and have looked at the video tutorials on OpenColorIO setup. However we have immediately run into an issue.

1. Go to Preferences --> Colour

2. Set OpenColorIO Configuration File - in our case /Library/Application Support/OpenColorIO/aces_1.2/config.ocio (downloaded from https://github.com/imageworks/OpenColorIO-Configs )

535651853_ScreenShot2020-04-14at11_45_19am.png.ff3ede32c2090ef57d94bdf20ae960ef.png

3. Infinity Photo asks to restart the application

621415827_ScreenShot2020-04-14at11_45_25am.png.da4f8126999356d44237e1a17d72cbce.png

4. Go to Preferences --> Colour

227198892_ScreenShot2020-04-14at11_45_55am.png.7ffaf0831b755c7b61241c7b69b2c764.png

5. No OpenColorIO Configuration file is set anymore. It has forgotten what was just set

Are we doing something wrong? Any help with this would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Tristan.

• Staff

Hi @creamelectricart, I've previously tested ACES 1.0.3 with no issues, and managed to get 1.0.2 working here. I would suggest copying the OCIO configuration file and supporting files to a general folder rather than Application Support—there might be a sandboxing/permissions issue here. If you copy the files to Documents for example, then point the configuration and support directory options to them, does it load successfully?

Hope that helps!

Product Expert (Affinity Photo) & Product Expert Team Leader

@JamesR_Affinity for tutorial sneak peeks and more
Official Affinity Photo tutorials

Hey @James Ritson - thanks for the suggestion! I copied the OpenColorIO configs to another directory in the User directory and it worked fine. Strange though, because the fnord OpenColorIO plugins for Photoshop and After Effects can read from this location fine. Is there a system-wide location that should work? Maybe Users/Shared? I ask because we try to distribute software automatically to our workstations, and per user is always more of a pain.