You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Failed to load document : [doc name] - Acces to the document's file was lost while performing initial loading.\n\nThe document must now be closed

Hi, so recently I have reset my widows, meaning completely removed all files. I backed-up most of my .asdesign files.

My problem is that every time I try to save a file, (even a completely blank one) it does let me save it, but after I have saved it, a pop-up saying:

Failed to load document : [doc name] - Acces to the document's file was lost while performing initial loading.\n\nThe document must now be closed

example_LI.jpg.a3ce7cc52487ba5e9ea8b531185640b2.jpgAnd then I click close. It does this with every .asdesign file i save. I can't open the file afterwards either. Then it's just corrupted. I use sRGB btw. I can still open old documents (The ones that I backed-up from before the reset)

I've seen 2 other posts about the same message/pop-up, but it didn't match my problem: they tried to open a file. I've reinstalled Designer 3 times and made sure it didn't leave any files. I've tried many things. It really sucks. 

Here is an example of a file: example.afdesign, but as i said it happens to all files.

corrupt_LI.jpg.1281fd34703b9e3d18e3083449f42c64.jpgAnd this is the 2 pop-ups i get when trying to open fx. example.afdesign

Pls help me:)

Many thanks.

DouVI

PS. feel free to ask for any more information, cause I'm desperate and really need this to be solved;)

Don't know if it is the same on your machine but after downloading and doing a Get Info on the document I am told it is Zero Bytes in size.

383974064_ScreenShot2020-04-13at2_03_20PM.png.0867d4bb63aeae444ed684ca99cbb7ac.png

Mac Pro (Late 2013) Mac OS 12.7.4 
Affinity Designer 2.4.1 | Affinity Photo 2.4.1 | Affinity Publisher 2.4.1 | Beta versions as they appear.

I have never mastered color management, period, so I cannot help with that.

• Staff

Can you please let me know if you are opening these files from a local drive or is it from an external/cloud storage location, can you also check the permissions of the location that you are trying to save too as it may have restrictions.