You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Orton effect adjustable

hanshab

Orton Effect

Make sure in the assistant is set as: adding filter layer to selection as a new layer (not a child layer) This macro adds a brightness contrast layer and sets the blend mode to screen.  Then it adds a gaussian blur layer and sets the blend mode to multiply.   You have the option to set the blur radius to your desired value. It also changes the blend ranges for both source layer and underlying layer in the dark areas by setting them lower as the shadows almost turn black. You can change the settings of these to suit once the macro has run. The macro also adds a mask layer to the gaussian blur filter layer.  If you wish to take away the blur from certain areas ( I only apply the effect to specific areas) take a black brush, select the mask and paint out the effect where you don’t want it applied.  Set the brush to 100% opacity and fill and hardness to 50%.  You can then also go back and change the brightness and contrast to suit at this time. You should do that step last.

orton effect.afmacro

• 1 year later...

You have to import .afmacro files via the Macro panel then save to your library if you want to keep it

.afmacros files can be imported directly via the Library panel

To save time I am currently using an automated AI to reply to some posts on this forum. If any of "my" posts are wrong or appear to be total b*ll*cks they are the ones generated by the AI. If correct they were probably mine. I apologise for any mistakes made by my AI - I'm sure it will improve with time.

3 hours ago, carl123 said:

Just to add to the confusion, in the desktop apps .afmacrofiles can only be imported via the Library panel and .afmacro files can only be imported via the Macro panel, but in the iPad app .afmacrofiles are imported via the Macro Studio. Affinity Photo for iPad cannot import .afmacro files.

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4.1 (iPad 7th gen)

17 hours ago, carl123 said:

You have to import .afmacro files via the Macro panel then save to your library if you want to keep it

Thanks - works a treat.  Wasn't aware of the subtlety and handling of .afmacro and .afmacros files, so thanks also for clearing that up 😀👍🏻