Hello, would like to see a possibility to add your own end marks (special character, picture/graphic) at the end of your article. Many thanks.

I suspect he means like a decoration applied at the end of the last text in a linked set of frames according to a style, not manually placing a dingbat.

Something very similar would be a decoration applied at the bottom of every linked frame except the last one.  The Economist magazine uses this house style to indicate that an article is continued.

Currently I do this manually. I created an end mark, I copy this for each article and place it manually in the document. If something in the layout is chaning, I have to change each end mark manually again. Wouldn't it be nice to have a functionality to say: Here at this place, there is the end of an article, place an end mark. And for the future, when anything changes in the layout, the end mark moves with the end of the article.

13 hours ago, dl1mgb said:

And for the future, when anything changes in the layout, the end mark moves with the end of the article.

Hi @dl1mgb,

did you try pinning? This should do what you describe here.

d.

Affinity Designer 1.8.2.620 (beta 1.8.4.665)   |   Affinity Photo 1.8.2.620 (beta 1.8.4.665)   |   Affinity Publisher 1.8.2.620 (beta 1.8.4.663)
Affinity Designer for iPad 1.8.2   |   Affinity Photo for iPad 1.8.2

Windows 10 (1809) 64-bit - Core i7 - 16GB - Intel HD Graphics 4600 & NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960M
iPad pro 9.7" + Apple Pencil

Use a special sigh or signs at the end of the article like ###, write a character style e.g. with font ZapfDingbats and desired font size and call it endmark. When you are done with the document, search for ### and replace with Right Indent Tab glyph and add the character style.

1 hour ago, dl1mgb said:

But how I do this without special coding knowledge?

You don't need no special coding knowledge. APublisher has all the tools you need without coding. What information else do you need?

For example creating a font out of the graphic I want to use as end mark. Is this functionality provided by Publisher?

No, there is no such functionality in APu. But there is a way I tested a few minutes ago. Make your graphic and export selected graphic as SVG (export preset works). Visit this site: https://icomoon.io/app/#/select

Then add your graphic(s), select it/them and generate font. Install the font, look at Panel Glyph browser and pick your glyph.

Wouldn't it be simpler to simply take the graphic and pin it inline at the end of the article? Why bother with converting it to a font?

-- Walt

Windows 10 Home, version 1909 (183623.476),
   Desktop: 16GB memory, Intel Core i7-6700K @ 4.00GHz, GeForce GTX 970
   Laptop:  8GB memory, Intel Core i7-3625QM @ 2.30GHz, Intel HD Graphics 4000 or NVIDIA GeForce GT 630M
Affinity Photo 1.8.3.641 and 1.8.4.676 Beta   / Affinity Designer 1.8.3.641 and 1.8.4.676 Beta  / Affinity Publisher 1.8.3.641 and 1.8.4.663 Beta.

7 minutes ago, walt.farrell said:

Wouldn't it be simpler to simply take the graphic and pin it inline at the end of the article? Why bother with converting it to a font?

There is even no need to pin, you can paste a graphic inline.

31 minutes ago, Fixx said:

There is even no need to pin, you can paste a graphic inline.

Isn't that pinning?

Due to the fact that Boris Johnson is now our Prime Minister, punctuation, spelling and grammar will never be worried about ever again.  We now have far bigger problems to be worried about.

Yes it is but you can save object as asset drag it on canvas>ctrl+c
And just put the caret at the end of a paragraph or textframe when in texttool>ctrl+v
No pinning panel is needed for this.
Even better to make a symbol if one has designer and make all changes apply to all in one go.😊