You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Gradient Fill Text top to bottom? - Affinity Photo

Add text layer and type and select text.

Select Fill from the context tool bar and select Gradient.

There does not seem to be a way to have Gradient go from top to bottom or bottom to type with Context tool bar.

BTW I know Effects > Gradient Overlay has Angle when you open up expanded options with the Gear but I'd think it would be possible using Fill and then Gradient in the Context menu.

post-8014-0-58191600-1437693787_thumb.png

To do this with a vector gradient you need to use the Fill tool. That gives a lot more control over the start and end points of the gradient.

If you use Effects, that will produce a raster gradient which will always be rasterised on export. So it's usually better to use the context toolbar or the Gradient tool.

To do this with a vector gradient you need to use the Fill tool. That gives a lot more control over the start and end points of the gradient.

If you use Effects, that will produce a raster gradient which will always be rasterised on export. So it's usually better to use the context toolbar or the Gradient tool.

I'm using the context toolbar but can't find a way to change the gradient angle. It's either left right or reversed right left (plus other shapes) but no obvious way for it to go top bottom or bottom top.

The Gradient Tool itself gives me control. The Context toolbar does not.

I'm surely missing something but I don't see any control over start and end points.

Perhaps my explanation isn't clear.

1) FX Gradient has rotation control

2) Gradient Fill Tool has control by positioning the tool

3) Context Fill Gradient has no control over gradient start and end points. When using Linear it's always left right or right left (reverse). I don't see how to invoke position. I'm I missing something or maybe this control doesn't exist in Context.

• 3 weeks later...