You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

AD: How to export 200 objects to 200 PNG files

Hi all,

Can you please help me with the two following problems?

1. In my drawing over 4 different artboards there are 200 individual objects like squares, rectangles, triangles in several different colors. Now I want to export all those objects to PNG format. But each object must be in its own PNG file. So not all 200 objects in 1 big PNG file. I tried the export persona, followed a thread about exporting, but I cannot get the results I wanted. So how can I export all those separate objects in one time to individual PNG files?

2. The dimensions of those objects are 32 x 32 pixels, or 32 x 64 pixels, or 64 x 64 pixels. However when I export an object and select "Selection without background", there is 1 pixel added. So a square of 32 x 32 becomes 33 x 33. I did not set any lines around the object. Also for the objects itself I checked, there is no line thickness. What am I doing wrong?

Thank you very much for your help which is much appreciated.

Chris

• Staff

Hi Bad_Wolf,

1. The only way to do this is through the Export Persona. You have to create a slice for each object. To do this in the Export Persona go to the Layers panel, select all objects you want to create a slice from (you can select multiple objects a once) the press the Create Slice button. You can then export them all from the Slices panel (also in Export Persona). There's quite a few video tutorials in our site that may help understand how the Export Persona works. Let us know if you still can get the results you are after (please provide a file and  ore details about what's failing for you in that case).

2. This is because the objects are not pixel aligned (their coordinates or width/height dimensions are not integer values - check in the Transform panel). You may have to go to Affinity Preferences, User Interface tab, Decimal Places for Unit Types section and change the Pixels value to 2 or more so you can see more decimal places in the Transform panel (and elsewhere). Then check the objects X,Y coordinates and remove any decimal part in the Transform panel they may have to align them/make them integer values. You may want to consider enabling Force Pixel Alignment from the beginning (and Move By Whole Pixels disabled) to ensure objects you create/move/transform are on integer values.

Hello MEB,

Thank you so much for your help which solved my problem. For my second problem I did not switched on "Move by whole pixel" which was causing the 1 pixel problem. This is something I will never forget any more.

Have a nice day and all the best!

Chris

55 minutes ago, Bad_Wolf said:

This is something I will never forget any more.

I hope you have better luck with that than me. I have known all about the importance of pixel-perfect alignment for certain workflows since shortly after I began using an early version of AD in 2014 or thereabouts, & I still forget to enable Force Pixel Alignment more often than I like to admit. ☹️

All 3 1.10.8, & all 3 V2.4.1 Mac apps; 2020 iMac 27"; 3.8GHz i7, Radeon Pro 5700, 32GB RAM; macOS 10.15.7
Affinity Photo 
1.10.8; Affinity Designer 1.108; & all 3 V2 apps for iPad; 6th Generation iPad 32 GB; Apple Pencil; iPadOS 15.7