You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Affinity Photo – Save Perspective Tool Transformation for "mock up"

Lets say I want to take the below image, and use it to create a "mock up" file. First, let me clarify what I mean by "mock up" file. I want a file, where I can just import a photo (assuming size is correct) and it will appear positioned correctly on the tiny easel below (where the canvas is). How would I go about doing this? Using just skews on the y and x of a rectangle do not directly line up, and if I used the perspective tool the rectangle is rasterized into a pixel layer.

image.png.2d9c28fa0cbec9c89fec06873ee1f49e.png

@RNKLN yes and no. Does it show me how to do what I want? Kind of. However it isn't reusable. After selecting the live projection plane, I have to:
1. adjust my image to stretch it as it appears in the plane (which requires rasterization)
2. merge the rasterized  image down on top of the plane
3. then exit live project mode.

I want something that I can just upload my image and then all of those steps are auto applied.

What i do is the following (let's assume i want to project a webpage on a 16x9 screen):

• I create a new Affinity document with the 16:9 aspect and save it (with whatever content) as a Affinity document.
  • I create another Affinity document, one with a computer with a 16x9 screen.
  • I do a File > Place… and select the first document
  • I do my transformations to make it fit into the computer screen
  • I save the document with the desired result
  • Later, when i want to change the content, i open Document 2 and double click the 'embedded document' layer, make my changes and go back.

Affinity Photo - Affinity Designer - Affinity Publisher | macOS Sonoma (14.2) on 16GB MBP14 2021 with 2.4 versions

The steps above don't rasterise the image. When i open the embedded document (an Affinity document) i can do a 'Replace Image', the new image is of the type 'Image', not 'Pixels'.

To see if we're on the same pages, i've added a short video of what i'm doing.

Affinity Photo - Affinity Designer - Affinity Publisher | macOS Sonoma (14.2) on 16GB MBP14 2021 with 2.4 versions

Layer > New Live Filter Layer > Distort > Perspective...

Make sure you have placed another Affinity Document, not an Image. If you use an Image, it will rasterise. 

This video is about using Photoshop Smart Objects, but basically explains it.