You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

text boxes locked

I reported this happening on all 1.8 versions. After leaving the program open for awhile when returning to use it, the text is frozen and I can only move the text boxes after closing and opening the file again. I was hoping the latest betas had resolved the issue but it persists.

• Staff

I've not been able to reproduce this, we need to be able to reproduce it before the developers will be able to fix it. I asked a question in your last thread, Is it only text objects you are unable to interact with or any object? Even if you select it via the Layers tab?

On top of this, if you change the values in the transform tab does that move the frame?

Serif Europe Ltd. - www.serif.com

• 1 month later...

I've reported a few times a problem that AP has with freezing. To unfreeze I don't need to restart the program but just to close it and open it again. Lately I noticed that one thing that triggers its freezing is when it replaces an image with a new modified one. 

I also notice some lags mainly on a large and complex document. But I have a simple trick to revive APu while it is freezing. Give APu something else to do like Ctrl+N for creating a new document. In most cases APu comes back to life again. Nevertheless Serif has to work on the overall performance on large and complex documents.

------
Windows 10 | i5-8500 CPU | Intel UHD 630 Graphics | 32 GB RAM | Latest Retail and Beta versions of complete Affinity range installed

• 4 weeks later...
  • Staff

@sdrum I have merged your latest post with a previous post regarding the same issue. Please refrain from creating new posts whilst there is still open threads regarding the same bug you've reported previously. If you can provide as many details as possible regarding this issue, as well as answering @Jon Ps above questions, this will help our QA team to investigate the issue further.

Many thanks in advance!

Please note -

I am currently out of the office for a short while whilst recovering from surgery (nothing serious!), therefore will not be available on the Forums during this time.

Should you require a response from the team in a thread I have previously replied in - please Create a New Thread and our team will be sure to reply as soon as possible.

Many thanks!

The latest beta (184.663) seems to have the problem solved. Whatever the Dev team did with this version seems to have fixed the problem. I have been working on this AP version for the last two days and so far nothing got locked.

• Staff

Thanks for letting me know and we're very glad to hear this! If you have any further issues whilst using the beta, please do let us know in the beta section of the forums :)

Please note -

I am currently out of the office for a short while whilst recovering from surgery (nothing serious!), therefore will not be available on the Forums during this time.

Should you require a response from the team in a thread I have previously replied in - please Create a New Thread and our team will be sure to reply as soon as possible.

Many thanks!