You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Placed PDF - spread selection not saving with file

See Garry's excellent solution in the below thread for an example of what I mean by selected spread.

When transferring a file to my laptop or elsewhere, the selected spread of a placed file always resets to page 1. This is even when the whole folder structure is maintained - Publisher has no problem automatically locating the replaced file but it resets all the chosen spreads.

I would prefer to place rather than embed the file if possible.

Another use case for this - I'm working on several workbooks with the same layout but different content. The content is all formatted identically so that I don't have to mess around with placement when I replace the file.

When I copy and paste to a new folder to create a new workbook, the Spread setting is lost for every placed file so everything resets to Page 1 of the linked document.

For now I am just embedding things which is fine but start-up times are slow as a result.