You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Affinity Designer .eps for Freepik submission?

Hello,

I would like to ask a question about Affinity Designer .eps file. Is it acceptable for Freepik submission?

Please let me know if anyone ever tried to submit their Affinity Designer .eps to Freepik.

Thank you.

MacBook Pro 13-inch 2017 running macOS Big Sur version 11.0.1
Affinity Deisgner 1.8.6 - Affinity Photo 1.8.6 - Affinity Publisher 1.8.6

Within the bounds of freepiks submission requirements: https://support.freepik.com/hc/en-us/articles/115003799325-Content-Submission-Requirements I can’t see there being much of a problem. A few things jump out of the submission requirements EPS in CC what is CC (Creative Commons) they make an assumption that it’s a known acronym. Second is the submitting art with a year in it being for the current year, how does that work for Happy New Year graphics?

iMac 27" 2019 Somona 14.3.1, iMac 27" Affinity Designer, Photo & Publisher V1 & V2, Adobe, Inkscape, Vectorstyler, Blender, C4D, Sketchup + more... XP-Pen Artist-22E, - iPad Pro 12.9  
B| (Please refrain from licking the screen while using this forum)

Affinity Help - Affinity Desktop Tutorials - Feedback - FAQ - most asked questions

8 minutes ago, firstdefence said:

EPS in CC what is CC (Creative Commons) they make an assumption that it’s a known acronym.

Probably not Creative Commons, as many items on their site are for sale, and items licensed under Creative Commons would generally be free.

More likely CC means Creative Cloud, and probably means that they expect their EPS files to have been generated by Adobe Illustrator, and to contain the AI-proprietary PDF stream so their Illustrator users have the best experience. And Affinity cannot produce EPS files like that.

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1

19 hours ago, firstdefence said:

Within the bounds of freepiks submission requirements: https://support.freepik.com/hc/en-us/articles/115003799325-Content-Submission-Requirements I can’t see there being much of a problem. A few things jump out of the submission requirements EPS in CC what is CC (Creative Commons) they make an assumption that it’s a known acronym. Second is the submitting art with a year in it being for the current year, how does that work for Happy New Year graphics?

Thank you. I'll give it a try.

I think the rule is set to avoid the 'Happy new year for the previous years' graphic.

19 hours ago, walt.farrell said:

Probably not Creative Commons, as many items on their site are for sale, and items licensed under Creative Commons would generally be free.

More likely CC means Creative Cloud, and probably means that they expect their EPS files to have been generated by Adobe Illustrator, and to contain the AI-proprietary PDF stream so their Illustrator users have the best experience. And Affinity cannot produce EPS files like that.

Thank you. That's what I was afraid of. I use only flat colour (no gradient and transparency) which should be fully editable in AI. But the 'CC statement' scares me a lot. 😂

52 minutes ago, hengkidh said:

Thank you. I'll give it a try.

I think the rule is set to avoid the 'Happy new year for the previous years' graphic.

Thank you. That's what I was afraid of. I use only flat colour (no gradient and transparency) which should be fully editable in AI. But the 'CC statement' scares me a lot. 😂

Adobe CC is the standard. I get why they would want that so they know files will open up properly in Illustrator which again is the standard for vector work. Unfortunately you cannot know that as it is an export from Affinity Designer and not native to Designer. You could always try and if the designs are simple I cannot imagine there being any real issues. How do they verify on their end that the file was made with CC? Is there something in the eps file that shows where it was created?

Do you have access to Illustrator to try out your files and see how they open?

4 minutes ago, wonderings said:

Adobe CC is the standard. I get why they would want that so they know files will open up properly in Illustrator which again is the standard for vector work. Unfortunately you cannot know that as it is an export from Affinity Designer and not native to Designer. You could always try and if the designs are simple I cannot imagine there being any real issues. How do they verify on their end that the file was made with CC? Is there something in the eps file that shows where it was created?

Do you have access to Illustrator to try out your files and see how they open?

If you open the .eps file using text editor, there's a line showing what application used to create the .eps file.

It works perfectly in my opinion since I only use flat colour in it.

6 minutes ago, hengkidh said:

If you open the .eps file using text editor, there's a line showing what application used to create the .eps file.

It will be up to Freepik then. I do get why they want it a certain way, it lets them keep quality control. If people start getting .eps files from their site and they do not open right because they were made in another application people are going to stop trusting the site and looking elsewhere. 

On 4/13/2020 at 7:27 PM, hengkidh said:

mas sampean ikut grup ADI  facebook gak. ? affinity designer indonesia?

On 4/15/2020 at 10:09 PM, MAS UNI said:

mas sampean ikut grup ADI  facebook gak. ? affinity designer indonesia?

Wah, baru tahu saya. Ini saya coba izin gabung.

• 1 month later...