You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Wacom support in Affinity Photo

I have just got an Intuos Pro S and i was looking forward to speeding up my workflow.  Unfortunately I discovered that a lot of the shortcuts that are used with that other programme (I won't say its name) don't work with AP.  Specifically, I can't find any reliable way to use the pen to change the brush size or hardness (yes, I have seen various people recommend this combination of clicks or that, but none of them work for me) and the suport for pressure sensitivity seems to be non-existent.  For this I have seen suggestions of using "brush dynamics" settings but these don't seem to have any useful effect either.

If AP is truly to be seen as a (you know what) replacement, surely this has to be addressed?  Any plans for Serif to do that?

Yes, the brush head can be controlled by the Wacom’s pen.
To do this I have the forward button on my pen setup to mimic the Mac Modifier keys Ctrl & Opt.
Hold down the forward button, bring the pen into contact with the tablet and drag Left/Right for Size & Up/Down for Hardness.
For other Brush settings;
Hold the pen button down and tap once on the tablet and you can now change Shape & Spacing in a similar way.
Tap again and you can now change Rotation.
Tap again and you are back to Size & Hardness.
In the context toolbar when a brush is selected there is also a toggle to the right of the ‘More’ button to force brush size to be controlled by pressure or not.
The pen tip’s feel and pressure curve can be fine adjusted to taste in the Wacom’s Preferences.

macOS 10.15.7  15" Macbook Pro, 2017  |  4 Core i7 3.1GHz CPU  |  Radeon Pro 555 2GB GPU + Integrated Intel HD Graphics 630 1.536GB  |  16GB RAM  |  Wacom Intuos4 M

I‘ve a lot of Problems with the combination AP and Wacom Intuos Pro on my mac too. And I‘ really pissed on this situation specially when I see that PS elements works perfect with the Wacom tool. 
Nothing works really good using the graphic tablet for AP. Some problems are described above (e.g. brush size and hardness). But also more simple functions didn‘t work. To use the wheel for zoom or/and scrolling isn‘t possible. I can configure ist in the Wacom settings but it doesn‘t work in AP.

If AP is truly to be seen as a (Adobe) replacement, surely this has to be overworked extremly. Or ist AP only a unambitious solution for amateurs only using mouse?