You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Beta 1.8.4.648 - Display artifacts

I am getting some odd display artifacts. I had been working in a document for at least 30 minutes before I saw it happen, and now it happens sporadically. I captured some of them in video. Scrolling and changing the view scale seems to change where they appear, or if they appear. I can't figure out definite steps yet, but here is a video to show what is happening.

macOS 10.14.6; iMac (Retina 5K, 27-inch, 2019) with Radeon Pro 580X 8 GB.

Perhaps relevant: Publisher display preference was set to OpenGL (basic). Which, by the way, was not intentional; I accidentally left it on from a test in an earlier beta some weeks ago. I reset to Metal and restarted, and so far I am not seeing it there. But then again, I didn't always see it in Basic either. I'll report back if I see it again with Metal.

Even weirder is the bit of text in the first of the first artifact that appears about < 5 seconds in.

2142687379_ScreenShot2020-04-10at10_25_06AM.png.d8f67daa48a210089c22d1311f5c6ada.png

Mac Pro (Late 2013) Mac OS 12.7.4 
Affinity Designer 2.4.1 | Affinity Photo 2.4.1 | Affinity Publisher 2.4.1 | Beta versions as they appear.

I have never mastered color management, period, so I cannot help with that.

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.