You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

appHangB1 Error and AD 1.8.3.641

Hi 
Just had Affinity Designer lock up completely needing a reset using Task Manager.. Trying to save a file at the time! seemed to carry out instruction but would not let me back into app

I not seen this type of error before!...There is no crash report in the folder

There are 3 logs in the event viewer

2 for information
1 for Application Hang Source

I have copied the information into a text file and zipped it up!

AppHang data.zip

Affinity Version 1 (10.6) Affinity Version 2.4.2 All (Designer | Photo | Publisher)   Beta; 2.5 2.2402
OS:Windows 10 Pro 22H2 OS Build 19045.4046+ Windows Feature Experience Pack 1000.19053.1000.0
Rig:AMD FX 8350 and AMD Radeon (R9 380 Series) Settings Version 21.04.01 
Radeon Settings Version 2020
20.1.03) + Wacom Intuous 4M with driver 6.3.41-1

• 2 weeks later...

Argh!..oddly just now!
I have another file from event log I can send you....

Affinity Version 1 (10.6) Affinity Version 2.4.2 All (Designer | Photo | Publisher)   Beta; 2.5 2.2402
OS:Windows 10 Pro 22H2 OS Build 19045.4046+ Windows Feature Experience Pack 1000.19053.1000.0

Hi

I have added the WER report in .zip file from the latest event.
Something about Affinity Designer Stopped interacting with Windows!...Don't blame it!:)

At the time I had about 6 files open and copying a compound vector between files!.  App just stopped working..had force closure...

It is not a very common event but only seems to occur in the latest version!

WER report_latest.zip

• Staff
13 minutes ago, StuartRc said:

Hi

I have added the WER report in .zip file from the latest event.
Something about Affinity Designer Stopped interacting with Windows!...Don't blame it!:)

At the time I had about 6 files open and copying a compound vector between files!.  App just stopped working..had force closure...

It is not a very common event but only seems to occur in the latest version!

WER report_latest.zip 1.66 kB · 0 downloads

Very strange! When it hangs like this are you able to right click the process in Task Manager and select 'Create Dump File'? If you could I can pass that back to development to see if there is anything inside there that is visible. Are all the hangs related to doing similar things or do they all seem separate?

Just now, Sean P said:

Very strange! When it hangs like this are you able to right click the process in Task Manager and select 'Create Dump File'? If you could I can pass that back to development to see if there is anything inside there that is visible. Are all the hangs related to doing similar things or do they all seem separate?

Yeah!:) Just looking into it....I am wondering if Windows is getting shirty about not backing up sys files...I just swapped out the external drive and let it do a file backup..to see if it stops occurring...that will take me some time! I might switch off the auto backup to external drive after...just to stop it hassling me
I had a look at the report but its not very helpful to me...! except it tells me AD is not talking to windows!

Events Log was suggesting Security and Maintenance
'The program Designer.exe version 1.8.3.641 stopped interacting with Windows and was closed. To see if more information about the problem is available, check the problem history in the Security and Maintenance control panel.
 Process ID: 2890
 Start Time: 01d617cd64608804
 Termination Time: 4294967295
 Application Path: C:\Program Files\Affinity\Affinity Designer\Designer.exe'

I think I was doing a similar thing..I am just working on a brush set hence the vector nozzles getting copied between files....I mentioned on another thread somewhere on the forum that having lots of files open and copying/pasting can slow down the AP...to a point where I just have to restart...it takes some time to occur but does follow the same process over time...I also was wondering whether this is to do with having vector brush panel(Persona) open on some files and the raster brush panel (Persona) on others...but it is difficult to determine!...I am probably dealing with a lot of nodes/vectors

When I did get to close the app through Task Manager The File usage was quite large!
There isn't a crash report in folder..just to make sure (I just turned the backup off!)

Have not tried getting a dump file...from Task Manager..I will try that if it happens again..but it is infrequent ...