You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Changing typeface opens hidden documents and revert to previous typeface

Issue/situation:
When changing typeface, all my hidden documents are popping back up and the typeface reverts back to the previous selected typeface. See attached screen recording of the issue.

Question:
What can I do to make the type tool work correctly?

Screen recording:
See screen recording of the issue in action, I've tried restarting the app and computer but the issue presists.

Operating system:
OSX Catalina 10.15.3

Affinity Photo:
Version 1.8.3

Unusual hardware:
Wacom tablet Intuos pro

Any help or input on this matter is much appreciated, as I'm considering moving from other editors to Affinity Photo.

Thank you in advance.

PS: if this post is in the wrong forum, then please let me know, and I will submit it in another.

Me too, similar setup to yours. Choosing fonts in Separated Mode is practically impossible, even if all open documents are maximised. Works fine when non-separated.

Affinity Photo 2.0.3,  Affinity Designer 2.0.3, Affinity Publisher 2.0.3, Mac OSX 13, 2018 MacBook Pro 15" Intel.

20 hours ago, h_d said:

Me too, similar setup to yours. Choosing fonts in Separated Mode is practically impossible, even if all open documents are maximised. Works fine when non-separated.

Hi h_d,

Glad to hear I'm not the only one, as I thought I had done something wrong in my setup - but sorry to hear you are also dealing with it!
I will give the non-separated mode a go, but I will post anything I find about it here in case it can be of help to you as well.

2 hours ago, MEB said:

Hi Sofa Gas Rue,
Welcome to Affinity Forums :)
This is a known issue that's already logged to be looked at. Another thing you can do to work around it is to merge all document windows going to menu Window > Merge All Windows while in Separated Mode.

Hi MEB,

Thanks for the workaround, I'll use that until there is a fix for it in 'separate' mode.

• 3 months later...
  • Staff

We have made fixes/improvements to this area (Separated Mode: text related dropdown closes itself and switch focus to the next document) of the program in the latest release.

The fixes and how to update are described in these forum posts.

We would appreciate you checking that this issue has now been resolved for you.

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man. True nobility lies in being superior to your previous self."  W. L. Sheldon

20 hours ago, Patrick Connor said:

We have made fixes/improvements to this area (Separated Mode: text related dropdown closes itself and switch focus to the next document) of the program in the latest release.

The fixes and how to update are described in these forum posts.

We would appreciate you checking that this issue has now been resolved for you.

Hi Patrick,

Thank you for the message and update. I've just tried it ( in the same manner as how I worked with it last ) and it looks like it's working just fine! 

Thank you and the team very much for this update!
Sofus