You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Can not move object with mouse (with wacom tablet)

Strange behavior happened few times. I was not able to replicate it with same steps, but sometimes I can not move object with my mouse -- object can be selected, but not moved. I'm only able to move that (any) object with my tablet (pen). After this is done, the movement with mouse is again working. Anyone encountered this behavior?

Thanks...

Yes, this was bug on previous versions of Designer. You don't need to restart whole designer, just close the project and re-open -- this at least worked for me.

However from 1.8.3 should this be corrected. Do you have enabled Windows Ink in settings of Windows 10?

2 hours ago, Arghmath said:

Yes, this was bug on previous versions of Designer. You don't need to restart whole designer, just close the project and re-open -- this at least worked for me.

However from 1.8.3 should this be corrected. Do you have enabled Windows Ink in settings of Windows 10?

Just restarting the project works... Yes, it's enabled. Is it better to turn it off?

Btw: I just ran into your problem yesterday, too :D

Edited by Sebastian Mondry

On 4/10/2020 at 11:57 AM, Sebastian Mondry said:

I've run into this problem regularly the reversed way - pen didn't work but mouse did.

I've experienced the same issue yesterday too on a Surface Book 2 (Affinity Designer 1.8.3); pen 'suddenly' didn't move the object and needed to reload the project in order to make it work again.

Yes, definitely it weird behavior - sometimes it works well, sometimes pen stops working, sometime mouse and vice versa. Problem related to this; when the previous described error happen,  adding new ruler (vertical or horizontal) works weird as well. For example, if you want to create new one and drag it from the ruler area, it doesn't show its trail. This means you can not visually control where it is, you see only the mouse pointer.

• Staff

Hi Arghmath,

Unfortunately Windows Ink is causing us a few difficulties and causing certain things to stop working like you're seeing. If you go to Preferences > Tools and untick 'Use Windows Ink for tablet input' it will use a different method for tablet input which should stop the issues you are seeing.

• 3 months later...
  • Staff

We have made fixes/improvements to this area (Input breaks after switching from Tablet Pen to Mouse) of the program in the latest release.

The fixes and how to update are described in these forum posts.

We would appreciate you checking that this issue has now been resolved for you.

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man. True nobility lies in being superior to your previous self."  W. L. Sheldon