You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

• Staff

You have a closed curve - you need to select one of the nodes and choose to 'break' the curve so it is no longer closed at that point. The 'break' command is available from the node tool's context toolbar - it's the first button in the 'Action' section :)

Hope that helps :)

Matt

• 2 weeks later...

I didn't even know I needed this informative tip; but, now that I have seen it, I will have it in my 'toolbar' ready to implement. 

Thanks MattP -  you're a star!

And, thank you, jmamaril25, for asking your question here on the forum - otherwise I would still not know how to do this.

• 4 years later...

This seems like a remarkably awkward process for something that should be so simple. In Illustrator, if you use the Delete Anchor Point tool, it keeps the shape closed, but if you select the specific point with the Direct Select tool and hit Delete on your keyboard, it removes the point and opens the space. Super simple and intuitive, unlike having to break connections manually on either side of a segment and then deleting the floating piece.