You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Record Action / Tracing for Affinity Designer iPad

RECORD ACTIONS
The feature to Record Actions is generally not essential. Although, this is a feature missing in Affinity Designer iPad which will definitely boost it’s ratings. Furthermore, it will most likely attract and be more useful for vector artists who use Procreate for the mere purpose of recording their actions, as well as having the possibility of creating animations with this feature. Not only should this feature be used for recording live actions, but it should also be used for calculating the real time it takes to complete a vector in a document. 

The iPad Screen Recorder Option 👎
I am currently using my iPad screen recorder. However, it’s a bit annoying for my needs to record my vector artworks with my iPad recorder. Especially when notifications pop up, the battery runs low, Apple Pencil has to charge and when having to switch from one app to the other in order to look at multiple photo references. Furthermore, when I take weeks or months worth of breaks in between, I completely lose track of the REAL time it takes me altogether to complete my vector. After all, my calculations of the time are never accurate, and I absolutely need it to be. 

Recommended “Record Action” In-App Features

1. Live Action: An enable or disable button for the Live Action feature when creating a new document. As soon as we begin tracing, automatically record the LIVE actions (only tracings, not the whole screen) of our layers. 
  2. Live-action Timer: automatically indicate the REAL overall time it takes to vectorize. ALWAYS AUTOMATICALLY PAUSE timer when exiting documents and the app. NEVER RESET timer without our permission until document is exported. 
  3. Timeline: “Frame” actions using keyframes for layers (including grouped layers) to create video animations / text animations (similar to photoshop).

• 2 months later...
  • 4 months later...
On 4/9/2020 at 7:22 PM, Tisha Vassel said:

RECORD ACTIONS
The feature to Record Actions is generally not essential. Although, this is a feature missing in Affinity Designer iPad which will definitely boost it’s ratings. Furthermore, it will most likely attract and be more useful for vector artists who use Procreate for the mere purpose of recording their actions, as well as having the possibility of creating animations with this feature. Not only should this feature be used for recording live actions, but it should also be used for calculating the real time it takes to complete a vector in a document. 

The iPad Screen Recorder Option 👎
I am currently using my iPad screen recorder. However, it’s a bit annoying for my needs to record my vector artworks with my iPad recorder. Especially when notifications pop up, the battery runs low, Apple Pencil has to charge and when having to switch from one app to the other in order to look at multiple photo references. Furthermore, when I take weeks or months worth of breaks in between, I completely lose track of the REAL time it takes me altogether to complete my vector. After all, my calculations of the time are never accurate, and I absolutely need it to be. 

Recommended “Record Action” In-App Features

1. Live Action: An enable or disable button for the Live Action feature when creating a new document. As soon as we begin tracing, automatically record the LIVE actions (only tracings, not the whole screen) of our layers. 
  2. Live-action Timer: automatically indicate the REAL overall time it takes to vectorize. ALWAYS AUTOMATICALLY PAUSE timer when exiting documents and the app. NEVER RESET timer without our permission until document is exported. 
  3. Timeline: “Frame” actions using keyframes for layers (including grouped layers) to create video animations / text animations (similar to photoshop).

I think like you on this subject. I vedio my drawings with a screen recorder and post them on my Youtube channel (https://www.youtube.com/c/serdarduran). I have to Montage for hours before publishing. Notifications are particularly annoying. Sometimes the screen recording is interrupted without realizing it and my hours go to waste. I'm trying to find an alternative method. If you know, I will be glad if you share.

Good work.