You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

7 minutes ago, Juan T said:

It's only enabled in Affinity Publisher?

Correct. But you can switch easily to APublisher (if installed) with File -> Edit in ...

------
Windows 10 | i5-8500 CPU | Intel UHD 630 Graphics | 32 GB RAM | Latest Retail and Beta versions of complete Affinity range installed

It’s only in Publisher because that’s the way Serif want it to be; we, the users, have no say in that.
You can think of Publisher as the ‘hub’ for Studiolink.
Studiolink is not something you can install. It exists in Publisher, and only Publisher, by default.
You should be able to access the Designer or Photo Personas of Studiolink from Publisher if you have got either Designer or Photo already installed.

• 2 months later...

I have all 3 apps installed on my Mac Book but when I select the Photo Persona in Publisher I get a message box telling me to 'Please install and launch your other Affinity Apps to register them with Studiolink. ' Affinity Designer already shows as linked and immediately goes to the Designer screen if selected. Both were already on the computer before I added Publisher. The Affinity Photo part of the message box shows 'App Launch Required' in Red and the button shows the text 'Buy Now'. How do I get to Studiolink my copy of Photo to publisher? I can use Photo perfectly satisfactorily in all other respects so I don't think it's because of any registration issue. I have also checked on my iMac and the Photo Persona in Publisher links already to Affinity photo. Any suggestions please as to how I enable studiolink between Publisher and Photo on my Mac Book?

2 hours ago, Paulse said:

I have all 3 apps installed on my Mac Book but when I select the Photo Persona in Publisher I get a message box telling me to 'Please install and launch your other Affinity Apps to register them with Studiolink. ' Affinity Designer already shows as linked and immediately goes to the Designer screen if selected. Both were already on the computer before I added Publisher. The Affinity Photo part of the message box shows 'App Launch Required' in Red and the button shows the text 'Buy Now'. How do I get to Studiolink my copy of Photo to publisher? I can use Photo perfectly satisfactorily in all other respects so I don't think it's because of any registration issue. I have also checked on my iMac and the Photo Persona in Publisher links already to Affinity photo. Any suggestions please as to how I enable studiolink between Publisher and Photo on my Mac Book?

Welcome to the Serif Affinity forums.

First, please verify the version of Publisher and of Photo that you have installed. Make sure you have matching versions.

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1

@Paulse

Have you opened Affinity Photo (without Publisher open) at least once since installing Publisher?  I understand this is needed in order for Publisher to fully "register" the StudioLink.

HTH

Win 10 Pro, i7 6700K, 32Gb RAM, NVidia GTX1660 Ti and Intel HD530 Graphics

Long-time user of Serif products, chiefly PagePlus and PhotoPlus, but also WebPlus, CraftArtistProfessional and DrawPlus.  Delighted to be using Affinity Designer, Photo, and now Publisher, version 1 and now version 2.

iPad Pro (12.9") (iOS 17.4) running Affinity Photo and Designer version 1 and all three version 2 apps.

Hi emmrecs01,

Thanks for your reply.

Yes, I have found another thread which suggests this as the solution so I  tried that, I have tried opening Publisher first, then opening Photo, and opening Photo First and then opening Publisher, both to no avail. I have even rebooted my MacBook to see whether it needed to be done, same result. I have checked the location of my Affinity Apps and they are all in the Applications folder on my computer as this was also suggested as a potential problem. All are running v1.8.3 and Designer is already linked so I know the versions are compatible. Confused

Can you check to see where (what directory) you have Photo installed in?

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1

7 hours ago, walt.farrell said:

Can you check to see where (what directory) you have Photo installed in?

@Paulse mentioned in the post just before yours that all the Affinity apps are in the Applications folder. Also, supposedly in one of the 1.8 Mac updates they made it possible to link to Designer & Photo even if they are not saved there.

The only thing I can think of that might help is to restart the Mac, & if that does not help to reinstall Publisher and/or Photo, launch Photo one more time & then relaunch Publisher.

All 3 1.10.8, & all 3 V2.4.1 Mac apps; 2020 iMac 27"; 3.8GHz i7, Radeon Pro 5700, 32GB RAM; macOS 10.15.7
Affinity Photo 
1.10.8; Affinity Designer 1.108; & all 3 V2 apps for iPad; 6th Generation iPad 32 GB; Apple Pencil; iPadOS 15.7