You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

General question or idea:

is there a way to draw in autofill/loop mode with the vector line-tool?

that's for creating closed shapes, maybe with a smoothing slider?

And even more important: do you see a way to integrate intelligent gradient fill for this function? Would be a KILLER feature. Settings: Smooth, Autoloop, Fill, Gradient

The idea is to make the gradient fill depending on where you start drawing your shape. Gradient fill always from color to transparency, with a slider for color intensity.

Normal vector fill (whatever setting) is just so 90'ies - having seen what YOU can do, it would be just great !!!

Please find my sample here:

• Staff

Interesting video. You can get a similar result with brushes - even add different variations - but there's currently no way to reproduce this type of automatic filling with shapes. The closest thing you can do is to draw a shape, define a gradient for fill, make sure that Use Fill checkbox is ticked in the Pen Tool context toolbar and then every new shape you draw will automatically be filled using the same parameters as the first you created. But it isn't near as fluid as the app you're showing.

Just out of curiosity, which software are you using to do this?

Ty guys. Always like to draw my designs with some fluent lines, so it would be just great to have this feature. I used the Bamboo series a lot, now it's the Cintiq Companion Hybrid.

@MEB: I used an old version of SC for iPad for the drawing. Sadly this will only allow you to export bitmap files and no true vector.

• Staff

You may find a new option in Affinity Designer. The brushes in particular should suit your style perfectly, specially if you're used to a pen tablet. The actual brush engine/dialog present in the beta isn't finished and from what i've learned from the developers it should be heavily revised soon. Anyway it's worth a try too.