You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Points are snapping even with snap completely disabled

New iPad user here. I have a situation where I am editing some nodes within a compound shape and as I scale them they are snapping to object bounds and key points but I have snapping completely disabled!

A screenshot is worth a thousand words so please see below. Oops don’t know how to add an image from iPad.

I shall have to try to describe.

I have four nodes selected in a compound (boolean add) shape. I have selected the option that puts a bounding box around the selected nodes so that I can scale them together AWAY from their central point (in opposite directions by holding two fingers). But as I drag they immediately snap to the outer bounds of the compound shape, or, when dragging in the opposite direction, they all snap to the central midpoint of the shape. I am looking to drop those points somewhere in-between these two extremes but that’s not working.

Let me know if there are any easy ways to record my screen and post it here so others can confirm what I’m experiencing.

Thanks in advance!

• Staff

Hi Tom Auger,

If you could attach a screen recording that would be a big help.  To record the screen on your iPad see here:

https://support.apple.com/guide/ipad/ipad08a40f3b/ipados

One record that will save it to the Photos app.  If you then start a reply here you should have an option at the bottom of the Reply window to Choose Files.  Tap that and select Photos Library and you should then be able to attach the recording :) 

• 1 year later...