You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Can affinity publisher make 600 dpi file ?

Can affinity publisher make 600 dpi file ?

I'm working on black-White comic so I need that much dpi. (use less dpi than that will make the screen-tone break)

But in the version I use (Trial ver.) has maximum dpi at 400.

So I'm not sure it because I use the Trial version or did I setup it wrong some how...

I hope someone have the answer for me.

10 minutes ago, garrettm30 said:

I am unaware whether there is a limit in the trial version, but I can confirm that 600dpi is quite possible in the full version. It is in the document setup screen:

On Windows, whether in Trial or Retail version, the File > New and File > Document Setup dialogs both have 400 DPI as the maximum value in the pulldown. But both allow typing higher values.

If you're on MacOS, Garrett, it seems like we've found a Mac vs Windows difference that we should report as a bug :)

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1

Oh, I see what you mean by the dropdown. Probably 600 dpi would be among the more common choices, so I do suggest it be added to the dropdown. But to the OP, be aware that you can type any value you want (at least within reason, I haven't tried any extremes). So yes, 600 dpi is quite possible.

26 minutes ago, walt.farrell said:

On Windows, whether in Trial or Retail version, the File > New and File > Document Setup dialogs both have 400 DPI as the maximum value in the pulldown. But both allow typing higher values.

If you're on MacOS, Garrett, it seems like we've found a Mac vs Windows difference that we should report as a bug :)

oh wait I can edit that.... never mind my misunderstand.

Anyway if the program can do 600 dpi, I'll go buy it.

Thank you all of you!

• 3 years later...