You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Interface windows handling

I wonder if there is reason why windows don't get resized when zoom factor is increased? AF Photo and Designer open up high resolution pictures in a "mini" frame and when you resize them (Zoom In) the window remains fixed. Can't believe this is not a standard setup. I hope I just overlooked a setting that enables windows to be resized on increasing zoom factors. I'd be happy if someone tells me where to find this basic and elementary work-flow setting...

As well I'm looking for a setting that centers the picture in the work area (window) when resizing the window. Highly important with the basic setting "1:1" or "full resolution" but also in every other resizing operation. I'm really upset I couldn't find this setting anywhere since it is  a "must" from a professional users point of view.

I'm sure I missed a checkbox - just wonder where it is and why it's not standard.
Appreciate your help,
Timo

CRM.png.a048d588572393102ac3cc403bfa8af7.png

i7-12700KF, 3.60 GHz, 32GB RAM, SSD, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070, Wacom Intuos 4 Tablet, Windows 11 Pro - AP, AD and APublisher V1 and V2
https://www.timobierbaum.com

I don’t quite understand what you are asking for here but that might just be a language/translation problem.
When you ask “why windows don't get resized”, what do you mean by “windows” and what do you mean by “resized”?
Is it possible to give us an annotated screen grab or a video showing us what happens and what you think should happen instead?

@GarryP,

I think the OP is writing about "floating windows". 

I'm really upset that someone isn't able to use the right terms to discribe the "problems" he/she has since this is a "must" from a professional writer or reader point of view... 🙂  Just kidding.

Sorry for my bad english, I'm german.

• Staff

@DarkClown My apologies for the delayed response - I believe you're referring to Floating Windows, but it would help to see the issue you're describing. Could you please upload a screen recording to your reply to show the issue you're referring to?

Many thanks in advance!

Please note -

I am currently out of the office for a short while whilst recovering from surgery (nothing serious!), therefore will not be available on the Forums during this time.

Should you require a response from the team in a thread I have previously replied in - please Create a New Thread and our team will be sure to reply as soon as possible.

Many thanks!

• 2 weeks later...

No Prob.
Here is a sample video of AP vs. PS CS6. Just observe the different behaviour of the windows .... In Affinity the picture moves out of the window in PS it stays central and the window also resizes when the photo inside is zoomed in or out ... until the windows reaches the border of the workbench. Both windows are undocked.

PS sample

AP sample

CRM.png.a048d588572393102ac3cc403bfa8af7.png

i7-12700KF, 3.60 GHz, 32GB RAM, SSD, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070, Wacom Intuos 4 Tablet, Windows 11 Pro - AP, AD and APublisher V1 and V2
https://www.timobierbaum.com

• 2 weeks later...
  • Staff

Apologies for my delayed response here and many thanks for your screen recordings, these are certainly helpful.

Unfortunately this behaviour isn't yet present in Affinity apps, however I believe this makes for a great feature request - so I'll move your thread to this section of our forums now :)

Please note -

I am currently out of the office for a short while whilst recovering from surgery (nothing serious!), therefore will not be available on the Forums during this time.

Should you require a response from the team in a thread I have previously replied in - please Create a New Thread and our team will be sure to reply as soon as possible.

Many thanks!

• 2 weeks later...