You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

When I use the add tool to merge scripty text, it is adding the fill to the center of the letters as well.  This is causing a problem for me when i use these files for my laser cutter.  Does anyone know how to remedy this and keep it from happening.  I have attached a photo of what I need it to look like...and what is happening after I convert the text to curves and add them together.  Thanks so much for your help!  Just so you know...the top is just text.  The bottom hello in this has been converted to curves and then the curves have been added together with the add tool.  Can you see how the middle of the e has fill as well as a portion of the o?

Screen Shot 2020-04-07 at 1.59.53 PM.png

You’re welcome.

Just out of interest, do you know if your laser cutter cuts the same way, or differently, with the two different fill modes?
I can understand that you would want to see the correct thing on-screen before you do the cutting but I am curious as to whether it matters to the cutter. You mention that it is causing a problem but I couldn’t tell from what you wrote what the problem is.

Also, have you tried using the Outline View Mode for this sort of thing? If so, is it useful?

GarryP

I use the glowforge.  If I am doing a cut with the glowforge, the fill doesn’t matter because it actually uses the stroke for cut lines. But if I want to engrave, it does make a difference because it reads the fill for that.  When it engraved and the center of the letters are filled, it engraves it just like you see it on the screen. Does that make sense?

i really appreciate your help!

Thanks for the extra info’.
I don’t do any cutting or engraving so I was curious, but I can understand that the fill area might be important in many cases.
I didn’t know about the glowforge machines before you mentioned them. Very impressive.