You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Affinity - random tool is blocked

Hi!
I have a question or only if it happens to me that while working with Affinity some random tool is blocked? For example, I just couldn't scale the image although I had an active scaling tool. I checked on layers that it is not blocked but not. I had to save my work, turn off the program (Affinity Designer) and restart - only then it worked. It happens to me sometimes and I don't know where the problem may be. And it annoys terribly when in the greatest amok of creative work something stops working. Is this also happening to you? I hope I'm not spamming, just looking for answers.

Platform: Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 7 2700X, 32GB RAM, Nvidia GeForce GTX 2600

I can’t remember a similar thing happening to me.
What do you mean by “an active scaling tool”? I’m not aware of any tool that could be described as a “scaling tool”.
Also, what do you mean by “blocked”? Do you mean that the icon is greyed-out or something else?
Which tools/icons are “blocked”? The ones in the Toolbar, or those somewhere else?

Sorry - the problem of translation and choice of words - I meant scaling the selected object using Move Tol (V), which just got stuck (I had the object selected - I pulled the modifier nodes and nothing)... But it wasn't blocked, there were blue dots , not X like when the layer is locked... it just stopped working (I hope I explained it clearly) but there are various such ailments that a function just stops working and I have to restart the program... 

Ah, that’s much clearer, thanks.
I can’t remember this happening to me, and I can’t think of a way to make it happen.
When this happens does the mouse pointer change to a double-headed arrow or does it stay as the big-headed single arrow (normal pointer shape)?

there was nothing like that... the object was ready to scale, but it could not be scaled... it happens with various functions from time to time... these are rare cases but annoying :) and I don't know if it's any bug and if something happened to someone similar... I will try to install a fresh version (the last without update and on a clean windows registry and without AppData directories) of Affinity programs if it occurs more often... Thank you for your interest in the topic...

The problem repeated again ... now in Affinity Photo it was in Designer before (all Affinity was reinstalled) Now the problem appeared when I copied a layer from one document to another (in the same AF work window) I want to scale this layer and again I can't . Scaling has stopped working. I switch to other layers and I can't scale them. I switch tools and return to Move tool - nothing. Even a moment later I noticed that in the open Affinity Designer (that's how I have two Affinity applications open) Move tool also stopped working. After restarting both applications is ok. Maybe the description will bring the problem closer to developers.