You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Extraneous lines when export to pdf for print with bleed

I'm using Affinity Publisher on Windows desktop and am a new user.

I set up my document with .125 bleed.  Then I worked on the document.  When it comes time to export as pdf for print, if I check the "include bleed" option, I'm getting strange extraneous lines along the sides or tops of some pages.  Some of the lines go half way.  I don't know what I'm doing wrong.  I did see another post discussing white lines around a page, but I don't think this is the same issue.  In the attachment, please see the extra vertical line along the left side of the page.  Thanks for any help you might offer.

220710622_extralineonleft.JPG.824a26a661276bbeb02722e2f626d3fd.JPG

It might be an idea to upload the file.

.125 what unit of measurement is that? inches, cm...

Are the horizontal lines an image or pen drawn?

Publisher version 

iMac 27" 2019 Somona 14.3.1, iMac 27" Affinity Designer, Photo & Publisher V1 & V2, Adobe, Inkscape, Vectorstyler, Blender, C4D, Sketchup + more... XP-Pen Artist-22E, - iPad Pro 12.9  
B| (Please refrain from licking the screen while using this forum)

Affinity Help - Affinity Desktop Tutorials - Feedback - FAQ - most asked questions

I'll answer the above questions and also attach a portion of the affinity pub file and also the exported documents.

When I set up the document, I set the bleed to .125"

The horizontal lines are pen drawn.

There is no rectangle frame - I didn't draw one or insert one.

When I export without bleed checked off, it is a clean pdf with no extraneous lines (I did get a border around a picture, but I probably placed the image in an incorrect manner.  I will research/figure that out.  I inserted it just for this example anyway).

When I export with "include bleed" - then I get extraneous lines.  See lines next to questions 2, 6 and 8.

Also, preflight does not indicate any bleed issues

.couple sample pages with the issue of lines when export set to with bleed.afpub

couple sample pages export without bleed.pdf couple sample pages with the issue of lines when export set to with bleed.afpub couple sample pages with the issue of lines when export set to with bleed.pdf