You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Pixel Persona is not working!

Hi people.

We have got two issues.

First, I purchased Affinity Designer for my daughter and now she wants to use it, however we have encountered some technical issues. When it is on Pixel Persona, the brush is not painting. We have tried everything we can think of, but still is disable. We use version 1.8.3

Second, I use Affinity Photo, and I suppose it is true for all three applications. What I mean is this. The application does not support my language! I am a Kurd and my mother tongue language is Kurdish. Our language is similar to Arabic and Farsi. We write from right to left, but the Affinity applications do not understand the rules of those alphabets. 

My question is; can anyone kindly come forward and express themselves regarding the matter and give me a clue how this can be solved, or approach the Developer(s) to investigate it further?

Thanks for listening to me and I highly appreciate your help and support.

Stay safe. 

Darya 

Edited by Darya Said

Welcome to the Serif Affinity forums, @Darya Said.

First, you have posted in the forum for Designer Beta on Mac, but it sounds like you're the retail version, not the beta version. For future questions about the retail version of the desktop programs please post in Affinity on Desktop Questions (Mac and Windows). A moderator may move this topic for you.

For your problem with the Pixel Persona: The brushes in that Persona will only paint on a pixel layer.

• If you have a new document, it has no layers, and if you try to paint the assistant should automatically create a pixel layer for you to paint on.
  • However, if you have added vector layers or objects to the document before you try painting, and one of them is selected when you start painting, the assistant will create the pixel layer as a child of the selected object. If that happens, you will only be able to paint on that object. So, if you have already created objects, make sure you click outside the canvas to deselect them before you try painting in the Pixel Persona.

For your language problems: The Affinity applications do not support right-to-left languages. This is a feature that many users have requested (try searching the forums for the word Arabic to find some of the discussions), but it is not one that Serif has provided yet, and probably will not provide for a long time as it is very complicated for them.

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1

You're welcome, Darya.

For the Pixel Persona problem, if you can provide a screenshot of the complete window, including the Layers panel we may be able to tell you what's wrong. Or, if you can record a video that demonstrates the problem (and again, including the Layers panel) that would also be useful.

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1