You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

I'm not finding any easy way to edit palettes. For instance, I accidentally added a bunch of colors to the provided 'Greys' palette, and want to delete them, but right clicking each color one by one and then confirming that I'd like to erase the color is tedious.

Is there a better way?

Edited by Jacob Berg
Add tag.

I'm curious how you added something to the Greys palette, Jacob. I don't seem to be able to do that.

(I thought I had a method that might work to delete your added items, but wanted to test. And found I can't add colors to it, or modify any existing ones.)

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1

6 minutes ago, walt.farrell said:

I'm curious how you added something to the Greys palette, Jacob. I don't seem to be able to do that.

(I thought I had a method that might work to delete your added items, but wanted to test. And found I can't add colors to it, or modify any existing ones.)

image.png.deade74e8d936dff2cd67824001133f0.png

• "The user interface is supposed to work for me - I am not supposed to work for the user interface."
  • Computer-, operating system- and software agnostic; I am a result oriented professional. Look for a fanboy somewhere else.
  • “When a wise man points at the moon the imbecile examines the finger.” ― Confucius
  • Not an Affinity user og forum user anymore. The software continued to disappoint and not deliver.

Yes, that's obvious, @Jowday. It does nothing when I do it. At this point it seems I can only add colors to or edit colors in palettes I have created. I have tried in Photo and Photo Beta, and in Designer Beta.

-- Walt
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.

4 minutes ago, walt.farrell said:

Yes, that's obvious, @Jowday. It does nothing when I do it. At this point it seems I can only add colors to or edit colors in palettes I have created. I have tried in Photo and Photo Beta, and in Designer Beta.

Odd. I can replicate it in whatever Affinity program I have also in betas.

• "The user interface is supposed to work for me - I am not supposed to work for the user interface."
  • Computer-, operating system- and software agnostic; I am a result oriented professional. Look for a fanboy somewhere else.
  • “When a wise man points at the moon the imbecile examines the finger.” ― Confucius
  • Not an Affinity user og forum user anymore. The software continued to disappoint and not deliver.

Indeed odd. I may try playing with it some more tomorrow.

Anyway...  @Jacob Berg: My untested idea is to open Preferences, and go to Miscellaneous, and click Reset Fills. If you have any of your own application palettes that you have exported them first.

-- Walt
PC:

@walt.farrell

Should I post in the "Request feature" section to ask about a palette editor? It would make the experience much more enjoyable. Plus, the ability to preview the different palettes generated by options such as "Make palette from document", "Make palette from picture", "triad", etc. would be great.

@Jacob Berg: Sure, feel free to post a new Feature Request, or you might find an existing one to concur with.

-- Walt
PC: