You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Hey,

How can I expand a fill and a stroke so that they become one (one fill no store)?

Illustrator has this under Object -> Expand... I found Expand Stroke in Affinity but it is grayed out.

Also about scaling. Where is the check mark to be checked so that proportions for the strokes keeps while scaling just like in Illustration Preferences -> General -> Scale Strokes and effects.

test.afdesign

Konspaul,

Select your paths you want to scale with the objects then go to the right side palettes, select “Line” and you will see a check box titled “Scale with object”, Check it.

This will then scale your line widths as the objects are scales maintaining an even overall look.

Max

OS X Ventura 13.0.1, Mac Studio M1 Max, 27" Apple Studio Display, 32 GB SSD. Affinity Universal License for 2.0.

Mac User & Programmer since 1985 to date. Author of “SignPost” for vinyl sign cutting.

You can always fill any path without a defined stroke width. In fact if you create a path and fill it you can set the stroke width to zero. If you don't then the actual filled object can appear larger than was intended.

A Path has no inherent width unless you give it one. Stroke is only one attribute of a path. Others can be color, end caps, miters, etc.

Max

OS X Ventura 13.0.1, Mac Studio M1 Max, 27" Apple Studio Display, 32 GB SSD. Affinity Universal License for 2.0.

Mac User & Programmer since 1985 to date. Author of “SignPost” for vinyl sign cutting.

Thanks but I know how to operate between fills and stroke. My issue here was that I made and oval form and after making it I wanted it to be thicker. Good way to achieve this wanted result is to put same color stroke around the oval and control the thickeness with the weight of stroke. After I'm satisfied with the thinkness I could just expand the stroke and unite stroke and the old form fill, at least in Illustrator I could.

Anyways back to my question. Is there expand feature in Affinity like the one in Illustrator?