You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Problem with size after exporting

Hello :) I found some bugs even after updating to the newest version. When I exporting files the file sizes are changing. I export as EPS 4000x4000 pixels and when I open it in Illustrator it is changed to 960x960 pixels. Also it isn't saving names of layers and elements in groups are not in the same places. 

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

Welcome to the Serif Affinity forums, Kasia.

I think you probably have tried exporting from a document that you set up as 300 DPI. it is being scaled by a factor of 72/300. If you change the document's resolution to 72 DPI you should get what you want.

I cannot comment on your issue with layer names and organization. Sorry.

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1

• Staff

Hi Kasia,

As far as I'm aware the EPS format doesn't really do layer names - I did an export from Illustrator and looked through the exported EPS file and there is no reference to the layer names. It is also worth bearing in mind that EPS files exported from Illustrator have two streams of data: The native EPS area, and also an embedded AI file. This is why it looks like AI can read the layer names, structure and a multitude of other things simply because it is reading its native AI data. 

Yes walt.farrell I'm new here and newbie in Affinity so hi and welcome everyone :)

Thank you very much for your helpful answers I tried in 72 DPI it works :) !

On 4/7/2020 at 11:06 AM, Sean P said:

Hi Kasia,

As far as I'm aware the EPS format doesn't really do layer names - I did an export from Illustrator and looked through the exported EPS file and there is no reference to the layer names. It is also worth bearing in mind that EPS files exported from Illustrator have two streams of data: The native EPS area, and also an embedded AI file. This is why it looks like AI can read the layer names, structure and a multitude of other things simply because it is reading its native AI data. 

Ok now I understand why is this happen with those layers.

You're welcome, Kasia.

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1