You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Hello,

I'm new to this forum and also to Affinity. I've used photoshop for a while, but doing it for fun is too expensive for me. So I've bought Affinity Photo this week and it works very good for me. I love how easy everything, but also really powerful.  

I've a question about the Raw editor / develop persona. When I work with a photo, is there a way to save the develop preset? 

Sometimes I do allot of photos and after a while my eyes are tired. So I check al the pictures the next day and change them. But I don't see a way to save the raw photos. In photoshop raw editor you get a .xmp file from it. 

Thanks for your help!!

Arjan

Welcome to the forums Arjan. Sorry, but we can't.

This lack of saving the settings in RAW processing is my largest gripe with Affinity Photo.

The best you can do is save settings as Presets for each of the tabs (Basic, Lens, Details and Tones) and then reapply them. Pretty much impossible to do if you have separate presets for each of a few dozen photos.

Mac Pro (Late 2013) Mac OS 12.7.4 
Affinity Designer 2.4.1 | Affinity Photo 2.4.1 | Affinity Publisher 2.4.1 | Beta versions as they appear.

I have never mastered color management, period, so I cannot help with that.

Thank you Bruce.

I hope it will come in a feature update. Save settings every preset will be impossible.

I'd read about there was no way of making or using a .xmp file. But I thought when saving the photo as .afphoto file it also save the raw info. Unfortunately that's not the case.