You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Probleme with work profile on Ipad Pro 2018

Hi there, I have this problem with this app For iPad and it is driving me crazy.

Some of the RAW it read and some of them no. I cannot understand what could be wrong with it. The ones that doesn’t read it said something like the iPad select a work profile because the picture didn’t have one.
It makes no sense, beside that why one it can read and the other no if it is the very same profile? And every time that the picture can’t be read, and the iPad put that work mode, all the image is insanely pixelated.

Hopefully it can be fixed soon, really appreciate your help in this matter.

• Staff

Hi Esgaldo,

Welcome to the Forums :)

I'm very sorry to hear you're having trouble and my sincerest apologies for the delayed response.

Could you please confirm for me:

Are all of your RAW files originating from the same camera?

What location are you importing the image from? (ie Locally in Files, from your Camera Roll or a Cloud location?)

Do you have 'PhotoStream' enabled in your Apple Photo settings?

The app will usually assign the 'working profile' to an image when one is not detected, which could also explain the pixellation you're seeing.

Could you possibly provide 1 or 2 RAW files where this occurs for you?

Many thanks in advance!

Please note -

I am currently out of the office for a short while whilst recovering from surgery (nothing serious!), therefore will not be available on the Forums during this time.

Should you require a response from the team in a thread I have previously replied in - please Create a New Thread and our team will be sure to reply as soon as possible.

Many thanks!

Hi! Truly appreciate your response and welcoming! 😁

Well, all the RAWS are from the same camera, and all of them have the same color/work profile, sRGB. But the app read the files randomly. 

I import all the files from the iPad storage.

I donnot have photostream on my iPad no!

Here I attached some examples of what the app do to my files.

thanks for your help!! 

D59A845E-5019-4B2B-BD7F-646D7B6BD4D8.jpeg

4719949C-D779-44A4-82F8-F3757A3A9694.jpeg

• Staff

Thanks for confirming that, we've been testing this issue in-house as other users have reported this issue previously, however we haven't yet found a 'common thread' that links all these customers/images.
This is logged with our developers as a bug, so I'll bump the report with your thread now!

I note you mention all images are from the same camera, what model is this please?

Are you drag and dropping the image from Files, using the 'More' options in Finder to open the image in Affinity, or using Affinitys menus to open the image please? We've seen different behaviours between these methods previously.

Please note -

I am currently out of the office for a short while whilst recovering from surgery (nothing serious!), therefore will not be available on the Forums during this time.

Should you require a response from the team in a thread I have previously replied in - please Create a New Thread and our team will be sure to reply as soon as possible.

Many thanks!